The Caribou Mathematics Competition is a world wide online contest that is held six times throughout the school year. Each of these days, five contests are offered, one for each of the grade levels 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10 and 11/12 and each one in English, French and Persian.
The Caribou Cup is the series of all Caribou Contests in one school year. Each student's ranking in the Caribou Cup is determined by their performance in their best 5 of 6 contests through the school year.
All of our previous contests are available for free online as previous tests.
The goals of this project are to:
- To improve student's problem solving techniques by providing a wide variety of challenging math activities suitable for all students in grades 3-12.
- Motivate students to get back to their school math when a question needed a technique or formula which they did not remember.
- Show that mathematical puzzles can be fun and that competing in math contests with interactive questions is exciting.
Upcoming ContestsContests can be started between 7:30AM and 3:30PM local time of the registeed school. Students are given 60min to complete the test.
|18th(Wed) & 19th(Thu) January, 2017||3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10, 11/12|
|15th(Wed) & 16th(Thu) February, 2017||3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10, 11/12|
|5th(Wed) & 6th(Thu) April, 2017||3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10, 11/12|
|3rd(Wed) & 4th(Thu) May, 2017||3/4, 5/6, 7/8, 9/10, 11/12|
Details for participation and fees can be found here.
Cash prizes are given out to the top performing students and schools in the Caribou Cup. Additionally, contest and Caribou Cup certificates can be printed after each test is marked. More information regarding prizes and a sample certificate can be found here.
Calcrostics are a trademark in a Caribou Contest - one appears in nearly every contest.
783 - 522 = 261 / / / / / 27 / 9 = 3 = = = = = 29 + 58 = 87
- Maths for kids - a free international competition for children in mathematics.
- Centre for Education in Mathematics and Computing (CEMC) - free online math resources from the University of Waterloo.
- ELMACON - a math contest for elementary school students in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Math Performance Centre - promotes and supports math through the arts.
- Kangaroo sans Frontieres - organize an annual Kangaroo contest with the aim of promoting mathematics among young people around the world.
- Canadian Math Kangaroo Contest - the annual Kangaroo contest held in Canada for students of grade 1-12.
- USA Kangaroo Math - contest for students grade 2-12 in the USA.
- Art of Problem Solving - comprehensive site for problem solvers, aimed at high school students.
- Virtual Mathematics Marathon - an ongoing math contest with news problems added every week for grades 3-12.
- Asian Pacific Mathematics Olympiad - annual math competition for high school students.
- NS Math Circles - dedicated to enriching students in all areas of mathematics.
- TVO resources for kids has a wealth of video content including as section called Homework Zone. Examples of the math content for grade 3-6 are mathmaster, scisquad machine mystery and prime radical spentominoes.
- BBC Math Games - other games also available.
- Grade 3/4 practice - from Nelson Education.
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives - some math activities.
- MathAmaze - free multiplayer online game from Mitacs.
- PBS Kids Games